Everything was in place for the Balearic Ball
I DO not wish to drag out the situation regarding the Balearic Ball, but feel it is important to respond to one recent letter. Therfield Heath s status as common land does have some restrictions on its use, but they do not include family-only activities.
I DO not wish to drag out the situation regarding the Balearic Ball, but feel it is important to respond to one recent letter.
Therfield Heath's status as common land does have some restrictions on its use, but they do not include family-only activities.
The proposed sound system included monitoring and limiting equipment to restrict the output to levels dictated by an environmental health officer. An after-party was planned to take place from 1-3am at the Nu nightclub in line with normal opening hours. Instead, the entire event took place there from 9pm-3am and although free alcohol would have been highly desirable to most customers, it does not make a great business plan. Therefore alcohol was only as freely flowing as any other night in Nu or any of the town's other licensed premises.
Advertising began four weeks in advance, utilising selected local press and various locations around the town. If this went unnoticed by so many, why were there so many fears regarding the possible attendance?
Even though websites are actually international (hence the term world wide web) we were not concerned that we would be inundated with visitors from any distance greater than the surrounding area.
It is unfortunate that the effort put into writing letters does not always equal the level of research regarding their content.
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 3 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 4 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 5 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 6 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 7 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 8 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
Old North Road, Royston