Everything was in place for the Balearic Ball
I DO not wish to drag out the situation regarding the Balearic Ball, but feel it is important to respond to one recent letter. Therfield Heath s status as common land does have some restrictions on its use, but they do not include family-only activities.
I DO not wish to drag out the situation regarding the Balearic Ball, but feel it is important to respond to one recent letter.
Therfield Heath's status as common land does have some restrictions on its use, but they do not include family-only activities.
The proposed sound system included monitoring and limiting equipment to restrict the output to levels dictated by an environmental health officer. An after-party was planned to take place from 1-3am at the Nu nightclub in line with normal opening hours. Instead, the entire event took place there from 9pm-3am and although free alcohol would have been highly desirable to most customers, it does not make a great business plan. Therefore alcohol was only as freely flowing as any other night in Nu or any of the town's other licensed premises.
Advertising began four weeks in advance, utilising selected local press and various locations around the town. If this went unnoticed by so many, why were there so many fears regarding the possible attendance?
You may also want to watch:
Even though websites are actually international (hence the term world wide web) we were not concerned that we would be inundated with visitors from any distance greater than the surrounding area.
It is unfortunate that the effort put into writing letters does not always equal the level of research regarding their content.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
Old North Road, Royston