Everything was in place for the Balearic Ball
I DO not wish to drag out the situation regarding the Balearic Ball, but feel it is important to respond to one recent letter. Therfield Heath s status as common land does have some restrictions on its use, but they do not include family-only activities.
I DO not wish to drag out the situation regarding the Balearic Ball, but feel it is important to respond to one recent letter.
Therfield Heath's status as common land does have some restrictions on its use, but they do not include family-only activities.
The proposed sound system included monitoring and limiting equipment to restrict the output to levels dictated by an environmental health officer. An after-party was planned to take place from 1-3am at the Nu nightclub in line with normal opening hours. Instead, the entire event took place there from 9pm-3am and although free alcohol would have been highly desirable to most customers, it does not make a great business plan. Therefore alcohol was only as freely flowing as any other night in Nu or any of the town's other licensed premises.
Advertising began four weeks in advance, utilising selected local press and various locations around the town. If this went unnoticed by so many, why were there so many fears regarding the possible attendance?
You may also want to watch:
Even though websites are actually international (hence the term world wide web) we were not concerned that we would be inundated with visitors from any distance greater than the surrounding area.
It is unfortunate that the effort put into writing letters does not always equal the level of research regarding their content.
- 1 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 2 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 3 Reed on the road as Herts Cricket League clubs find out National Village Cup fate
- 4 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 5 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 6 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 7 'Utterly extraordinary' says Lib Dem leader of disgraced deputy leader's criticisms
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 Council leader faces claim he broke confidentiality on farmgate report
- 10 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown
Old North Road, Royston