Duck breasts with oyster sauce and mushrooms
Ingredients 2 duck breasts 1 tbsp groundnut oil 4 shallots 2 cloves garlic, crushed 2 tbsps oyster sauce 125g (5oz) fresh mushrooms salt & black pepper to taste Method This is a quick and simple Chinese-style dish full of flavour. Allow one duck breast p
2 duck breasts
1 tbsp groundnut oil
You may also want to watch:
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsps oyster sauce
- 1 Lorry driver's dismay as 'booming' station announcements keep him awake after night work
- 2 Young archaeologist Jake's delight at historic heath find
- 3 Adopt a street and keep it clean by joining Royston Wombles scheme
- 4 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 5 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 6 Royston Cricket Club gearing up for a very busy season
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 Arts Society's members' exhibition set to be 'biggest online show yet'
- 9 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 10 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
125g (5oz) fresh mushrooms
salt & black pepper to taste
This is a quick and simple Chinese-style dish full of flavour. Allow one duck breast per person.
In a large frying-pan, heat the oil and gently fry the sliced shallots for a minute.
Add the duck breasts and garlic and brown on each side, then lower the heat and add the oyster sauce and the mushrooms, wiped and sliced.
Add a little salt to the mushrooms, cover the frying-pan and cook for about 10 minutes or less if you like your duck breasts really pink inside.
Add the freshly-ground black pepper and serve hot, with the duck breasts sliced cross-ways into strips.