Don't let Tesco in
It is to be hoped that Geraint Burnell (why are we paying that man?) and all the councillors would not even consider letting Tesco into the High Street. They would be stark raving mad if they did. Tesco is the Goliath who squashed all the little Davids in
It is to be hoped that Geraint Burnell (why are we paying that man?) and all the councillors would not even consider letting Tesco into the High Street.
They would be stark raving mad if they did. Tesco is the Goliath who squashed all the little Davids in the High Street and now, with sheer greed, want to squash Morrisons too.
We have around 20 food outlets in the area, not counting pubs, for goodness sake let's have some retail to BUY!! We do not go to town to buy a cup of coffee or a burger but would like to buy some white goods, teenage clothes, toys, furniture, lights, crockery, ornaments, curtains, or books, to name but a few of the items we go to other towns to buy. Wilkinsons, Argos, a small M & S, Poundland, Dunelm are all retail concerns in which you can actually SHOP. Don't put the income of rates and rent before the needs of Royston people and SAVE our High Street.
Sylvia and Derek Penn
You may also want to watch:
Cherry Drive, Royston
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses