Don't let Tesco in
It is to be hoped that Geraint Burnell (why are we paying that man?) and all the councillors would not even consider letting Tesco into the High Street. They would be stark raving mad if they did. Tesco is the Goliath who squashed all the little Davids in
It is to be hoped that Geraint Burnell (why are we paying that man?) and all the councillors would not even consider letting Tesco into the High Street.
They would be stark raving mad if they did. Tesco is the Goliath who squashed all the little Davids in the High Street and now, with sheer greed, want to squash Morrisons too.
We have around 20 food outlets in the area, not counting pubs, for goodness sake let's have some retail to BUY!! We do not go to town to buy a cup of coffee or a burger but would like to buy some white goods, teenage clothes, toys, furniture, lights, crockery, ornaments, curtains, or books, to name but a few of the items we go to other towns to buy. Wilkinsons, Argos, a small M & S, Poundland, Dunelm are all retail concerns in which you can actually SHOP. Don't put the income of rates and rent before the needs of Royston people and SAVE our High Street.
Sylvia and Derek Penn
You may also want to watch:
Cherry Drive, Royston
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange