Danger of crossing the railway tracks
IT is time I held my hand up. T was I, Sir, T was I, who initially requested that there should be an underpass beneath the railway. I was a school governor for the lower schools when the land was about to be released to build the Roysia and Roman Way scho
IT is time I held my hand up. T'was I, Sir, T'was I, who initially requested that there should be an underpass beneath the railway.
I was a school governor for the lower schools when the land was about to be released to build the Roysia and Roman Way schools.
With young children of my own at that time I expressed concern for youngsters having to walk all the way around to The Meridian School knowing many would take a short-cut across the rails.
This was the reason the matter was originally discussed by Hertfordshire County Council at education level.
I endorse everything Hazel Lord wrote in her letter to Crow Postbag last week.
Are we really going to get a crossing?
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 3 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 5 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 6 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 7 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 8 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
I am still crossing my fingers, but then they got locked together many years ago, when nothing ever happened, just continual postponement.
SYLVIA P BEAMON