Cyclists: keep off the pavements
IT S not acceptable when you are faced with one or more bicycles coming towards you on the pavement. You have to step aside for fear that they will strike you, then the rider says: Thank you. For what? For getting out of their way when they should not b
IT'S not acceptable when you are faced with one or more bicycles coming towards you on the pavement. You have to step aside for fear that they will strike you, then the rider says: "Thank you."
For what? For getting out of their way when they should not be there in the first place.
This is a pedestrian-only area and should be used as such.
I am talking particularly about the path in the Kneesworth Street area, including over the railway bridge.
You may also want to watch:
I am particularly concerned with the school holiday season coming up, as more youngsters will be biking on this prohibited area.
It would be ideal if the highways department could place prominent signs along Kneesworth Street to remind cyclists that they are prohibited on the path.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Bloomsday group's post-lockdown gathering to celebrate Joyce novel
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
NAME and ADDRESS SUPPLIED