Cyclists: keep off the pavements
IT S not acceptable when you are faced with one or more bicycles coming towards you on the pavement. You have to step aside for fear that they will strike you, then the rider says: Thank you. For what? For getting out of their way when they should not b
IT'S not acceptable when you are faced with one or more bicycles coming towards you on the pavement. You have to step aside for fear that they will strike you, then the rider says: "Thank you."
For what? For getting out of their way when they should not be there in the first place.
This is a pedestrian-only area and should be used as such.
I am talking particularly about the path in the Kneesworth Street area, including over the railway bridge.
You may also want to watch:
I am particularly concerned with the school holiday season coming up, as more youngsters will be biking on this prohibited area.
It would be ideal if the highways department could place prominent signs along Kneesworth Street to remind cyclists that they are prohibited on the path.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
NAME and ADDRESS SUPPLIED