Crow Opinion: Cut the red tape
THERE are occasions when bureaucracy does seems to be ridiculous. It has happened this week over the desire of the Royston branch of the Royal British Legion and Royston Town Council to recognise the role of the Royal Anglian Regiment in the war zones of
THERE are occasions when bureaucracy does seems to be ridiculous.
It has happened this week over the desire of the Royston branch of the Royal British Legion and Royston Town Council to recognise the role of the Royal Anglian Regiment in the war zones of Afghanistan and Iraq.
Because Royston is not recognised as a borough, then it cannot be allowed to give the Freedom of the Town to the regiment.
But it does not mean that the regiment cannot be recognised for the courage of the men and women who have served under dangerous conditions.
You may also want to watch:
The occasion, too, would give our community the opportunity to pay respects to those who have been killed on active service.
There has to be a way of arranging some kind of parade which will demonstrate our support to those who are risking their lives each day in an effort to ensure that we remain secure in this country.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 9 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
It is about time that we actually cut through red tape and were given the chance to show our appreciation.