Cream of cauliflower soup
Ingredients: 1 large cauliflower 900ml (11/2 pts) chicken stock or water 300ml (1/2 pt) milk 125ml (4 fl oz) thick crème fraiche 1 tbsp chopped mint salt and pepper to taste Method This is a lovely smooth soup to warm you up in the cold weather. It s ve
1 large cauliflower
900ml (11/2 pts) chicken stock or water
300ml (1/2 pt) milk
You may also want to watch:
125ml (4 fl oz) thick crème fraiche
1 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Bloomsday group's post-lockdown gathering to celebrate Joyce novel
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
salt and pepper to taste
This is a lovely smooth soup to warm you up in the cold weather. It's very simple and quick to make.
Enough for six servings.
Separate the cauliflower into florets, rinse well and cook in plenty of salted boiling water.
If you're not using stock, use the cooking water to thin the soup instead.
Purée the cooked cauliflower with 1 1/2 pts liquid (stock or water) in a blender until smooth.
Return to the pan and add the milk and creme fraiche.
The soup should be quite thick and very smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Reheat and serve piping hot, topped with a little chopped mint.