Courgette and chickpea stew
Ingredients 50g (2oz) dried chick peas 2 tbsps olive oil 600g (11/2 lbs) courgettes 2 onions 2 large garlic cloves 4 ripe tomatoes salt and pepper Method Put the chick peas in a pan, cover with boiling water and soak for a couple of hours. Drain, cover w
50g (2oz) dried chick peas
2 tbsps olive oil
600g (11/2 lbs) courgettes
You may also want to watch:
2 large garlic cloves
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
4 ripe tomatoes
salt and pepper
Put the chick peas in a pan, cover with boiling water and soak for a couple of hours. Drain, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Cook until the chick peas are soft, about a further hour.
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Peel and chop the onions, peel and crush the garlic cloves, chop the courgettes into chunks, discarding the ends, and add to the pan with the onions and garlic. Fry over moderate heat until starting to soften. Peel the tomatoes and chop, add to the pan with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook over gentle heat for a further 15 minutes. Add the chick peas, stir well and serve hot.