Courgette and chickpea stew
Ingredients 50g (2oz) dried chick peas 2 tbsps olive oil 600g (11/2 lbs) courgettes 2 onions 2 large garlic cloves 4 ripe tomatoes salt and pepper Method Put the chick peas in a pan, cover with boiling water and soak for a couple of hours. Drain, cover w
50g (2oz) dried chick peas
2 tbsps olive oil
600g (11/2 lbs) courgettes
You may also want to watch:
2 large garlic cloves
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Bloomsday group's post-lockdown gathering to celebrate Joyce novel
4 ripe tomatoes
salt and pepper
Put the chick peas in a pan, cover with boiling water and soak for a couple of hours. Drain, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Cook until the chick peas are soft, about a further hour.
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Peel and chop the onions, peel and crush the garlic cloves, chop the courgettes into chunks, discarding the ends, and add to the pan with the onions and garlic. Fry over moderate heat until starting to soften. Peel the tomatoes and chop, add to the pan with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook over gentle heat for a further 15 minutes. Add the chick peas, stir well and serve hot.