Councillors show their strength of opposition
ON behalf of the 60 objectors who supported us in opposing the proposed development in Green Drift, Royston, we would like to record our thanks to our councillors. Every one of them, the Town Council planning committee and the Royston area committee, was
ON behalf of the 60 objectors who supported us in opposing the proposed development in Green Drift, Royston, we would like to record our thanks to our councillors.
Every one of them, the Town Council planning committee and the Royston area committee, was against the plans in their present form.
It was evident on Wednesday that they had looked at the plans thoroughly and had carefully considered the objections.
They were prepared to stick to their principles in not accepting the plan, against the advice of their officers. We appreciated that.
You may also want to watch:
We are also grateful to the 40 or so people, many standing for a long time, who turned out to hear the discussion.
Their presence made clear the strength of opposition to the plans and helped to make all our efforts worthwhile.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 7 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
Residents Opposed to Overdevelopment and Demolition