Councillors show their strength of opposition
ON behalf of the 60 objectors who supported us in opposing the proposed development in Green Drift, Royston, we would like to record our thanks to our councillors. Every one of them, the Town Council planning committee and the Royston area committee, was
ON behalf of the 60 objectors who supported us in opposing the proposed development in Green Drift, Royston, we would like to record our thanks to our councillors.
Every one of them, the Town Council planning committee and the Royston area committee, was against the plans in their present form.
It was evident on Wednesday that they had looked at the plans thoroughly and had carefully considered the objections.
They were prepared to stick to their principles in not accepting the plan, against the advice of their officers. We appreciated that.
You may also want to watch:
We are also grateful to the 40 or so people, many standing for a long time, who turned out to hear the discussion.
Their presence made clear the strength of opposition to the plans and helped to make all our efforts worthwhile.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Residents Opposed to Overdevelopment and Demolition