Councillors show their strength of opposition
ON behalf of the 60 objectors who supported us in opposing the proposed development in Green Drift, Royston, we would like to record our thanks to our councillors. Every one of them, the Town Council planning committee and the Royston area committee, was
ON behalf of the 60 objectors who supported us in opposing the proposed development in Green Drift, Royston, we would like to record our thanks to our councillors.
Every one of them, the Town Council planning committee and the Royston area committee, was against the plans in their present form.
It was evident on Wednesday that they had looked at the plans thoroughly and had carefully considered the objections.
They were prepared to stick to their principles in not accepting the plan, against the advice of their officers. We appreciated that.
You may also want to watch:
We are also grateful to the 40 or so people, many standing for a long time, who turned out to hear the discussion.
Their presence made clear the strength of opposition to the plans and helped to make all our efforts worthwhile.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
Residents Opposed to Overdevelopment and Demolition