Councillors killing town stone-dead’
FOR the last three Saturdays, my wife and I have ventured over to Biggleswade to do our weekly shop. I would recommend that all Royston residents and councillors for that matter take the time to visit this town on a Saturday and take notes. Its coun
FOR the last three Saturdays, my wife and I have ventured over to Biggleswade to do our weekly shop.
I would recommend that all Royston residents and councillors for that matter take the time to visit this town on a Saturday and take notes.
Its council obviously cares and has the interest of Biggleswade town as its main priority, whereas ours is only capable of bending to the will of Tesco.
Reading The Crow each week one can find numerous planning applications that our councillors have turned down, whether it would be good for the town or otherwise seems irrelevant.
You may also want to watch:
If it's not good for Tesco, turn it down. That should be their motto.
It does nothing to encourage new shops, large or small.
- 1 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 5 Aspiring young photographers take part in 'wild nature' competition
- 6 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 7 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 8 Do not disturb nesting birds on Therfield Heath!
- 9 Campaign to bring medical treatment for children with heart conditions closer to home
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Royston
In Biggleswade, council car parks are free for the first two hours and, at present, there is a car park that is totally free behind the market.
Both towns must have a similar population. So is there even just one councillor out there who is interested in the future of Royston? Or is it that they like to see their names and pictures in the press.
Cllr Peter Lill, the mayor, does seem interested in the town's future, but he seems to be part of a short list.
God help this poor town because you can rely on the councillors doing their best to kill it stone-dead.