Councillors killing town stone-dead’
FOR the last three Saturdays, my wife and I have ventured over to Biggleswade to do our weekly shop. I would recommend that all Royston residents and councillors for that matter take the time to visit this town on a Saturday and take notes. Its coun
FOR the last three Saturdays, my wife and I have ventured over to Biggleswade to do our weekly shop.
I would recommend that all Royston residents and councillors for that matter take the time to visit this town on a Saturday and take notes.
Its council obviously cares and has the interest of Biggleswade town as its main priority, whereas ours is only capable of bending to the will of Tesco.
Reading The Crow each week one can find numerous planning applications that our councillors have turned down, whether it would be good for the town or otherwise seems irrelevant.
You may also want to watch:
If it's not good for Tesco, turn it down. That should be their motto.
It does nothing to encourage new shops, large or small.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
In Biggleswade, council car parks are free for the first two hours and, at present, there is a car park that is totally free behind the market.
Both towns must have a similar population. So is there even just one councillor out there who is interested in the future of Royston? Or is it that they like to see their names and pictures in the press.
Cllr Peter Lill, the mayor, does seem interested in the town's future, but he seems to be part of a short list.
God help this poor town because you can rely on the councillors doing their best to kill it stone-dead.