Congratulations on window displays
I would like to thank and congratulate the Royston First team for the photo displays that have appeared in the windows of the empty shops in the Town centre. I know this has been quite a complex task in getting from the owner s of the shops, commissioning
I would like to thank and congratulate the Royston First team for the photo displays that have appeared in the windows of the empty shops in the Town centre. I know this has been quite a complex task in getting from the owner's of the shops, commissioning the photographs, and finally getting them into the windows.
I'm sure we'd all like to the shops trading again but that is difficult in the present financial climate. Hopefully the window displays will make a brighter and more inviting High Street and more people will use Royston's shops, so that new businesses will be encouraged to open in the town. We do have some wonderful shops on the High Street and should support them.
I'm also encouraged that at last some action is being taken to limit the places pigeons can perch in the High Street, which should help to reduce the amount of pigeon poop we have to walk through. What is needed now is a concerted effort by everybody to stop feeding the pigeons. A hungry pigeon will soon find somewhere else to find food, there is a lot of countryside around the town which will support pigeons and that is as it should be.
If you see somebody feeding the pigeons please ask them to stop, as the birds bring disease and make the town centre filthy. Feeding pigeons in the town centre is anti-social, bad for business, and must be discouraged.
You may also want to watch:
Royston town mayor
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter