Community gave us real support for family occasion
WE would like to thank all the people in the community groups for their help hard work and support for Carols for the Community at the Coombes Community Centre Burns Road. Children, parents and grandparents took part in a real family occasion. The lar
WE would like to thank all the people in the community groups for their help hard work and support for Carols for the Community at the Coombes Community Centre Burns Road.
Children, parents and grandparents took part in a real family occasion.
The large Christmas tree was decked with hand-made decorations created and made by the children and mums of groups that use the community centre and thanks to them the tree looked stunning.
The title of the afternoon was A Peace of Christmas, and thank you to each group that contributed with songs and rhymes and dance: the Poco A Poco music group, Rainbow Playgroup, Music and Mums and Smiles delighted us all.
You may also want to watch:
The Electrolites danced to a great rendering of the Halleluah Chorus, Twelve Days of Christmas, and Everybody is Free, and the Koumi youth group sang songs that included Hossana, Emanuel, and O Holy Night.
Thank you also to the musicians who came from Cambridge and surrounding area to make up the band and provide backing for the carols.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 4 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
It was great to see the community working as a team for this event, many from the Royston Time Bank, the community association, youth club and over-60s.
How wonderful it was to see the hall full to capacity. There were 150 people, whole families, from the smallest baby to some of the oldest members of the community.
MARGARET and MICHAEL