Come along and see what we actually do
I WOULD like to respond to various letters in The Crow in relation to concerns over road works in the town at the same time as the Royston Arts Festival. May I respectfully advise your readers that Royston Town Council does not deal with resurfacing of th
I WOULD like to respond to various letters in The Crow in relation to concerns over road works in the town at the same time as the Royston Arts Festival.
May I respectfully advise your readers that Royston Town Council does not deal with resurfacing of the roads.
This is handled by Herts Highways, and we have no say in what they do.
May I also refer to the time wasted by councillors spending too much time dealing with the arts festival.
You may also want to watch:
Only two or three councillors were involved, and myself with other members of the town council have had various meetings with the district council and their strategy committee to try to help solve the on-going parking problems.
Other councillors have attended meetings to discuss the future of the town centre, and others have spent many hours with the town centre manager putting together a bid to take over the market, which unfortunately was rejected by North Herts District Council.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
If the people who wrote, or any other members of the public, would like to attend any of our meetings to see just what we do, they would be most welcome, and we would be pleased to see them.
Cllr MIKE HARRISON
General Purposes & Highways Committee
Royston Town Council