Cold calling ban risks
AS an elderly person I suppose I should be considered someone who is vulnerable. It was, therefore, an interesting story in The Crow (August 10) about the suggestion to have a cold-calling free zone. This may be a deterrent to stop the crime of distractio
AS an elderly person I suppose I should be considered someone who is vulnerable.
It was, therefore, an interesting story in The Crow (August 10) about the suggestion to have a cold-calling free zone.
This may be a deterrent to stop the crime of distraction burglary and to protect us vulnerable people from having people calling supposedly from one public service or another.
It may help the elderly and the vulnerable think themselves to be living in a safer environment.
You may also want to watch:
But by creating such a zone will it not just advertise the fact that elderly and vulnerable people are actually living in a particular area? Will it simply make the elderly more vulnerable?
It may be better to see bobbies-on-the-beat patrolling those areas where the elderly and vulnerable live. At least then those in the area thinking about preying on people like us will be aware that the police are around.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
It will be interesting to see how the debate continues.
I am sure that the suggestion for a cold-calling free zone has been raised for the right reasons, but I believe, too, that we may become more vulnerable.
NAME and ADDRESS SUPPLIED