Cold calling ban risks
AS an elderly person I suppose I should be considered someone who is vulnerable. It was, therefore, an interesting story in The Crow (August 10) about the suggestion to have a cold-calling free zone. This may be a deterrent to stop the crime of distractio
AS an elderly person I suppose I should be considered someone who is vulnerable.
It was, therefore, an interesting story in The Crow (August 10) about the suggestion to have a cold-calling free zone.
This may be a deterrent to stop the crime of distraction burglary and to protect us vulnerable people from having people calling supposedly from one public service or another.
It may help the elderly and the vulnerable think themselves to be living in a safer environment.
But by creating such a zone will it not just advertise the fact that elderly and vulnerable people are actually living in a particular area? Will it simply make the elderly more vulnerable?
It may be better to see bobbies-on-the-beat patrolling those areas where the elderly and vulnerable live. At least then those in the area thinking about preying on people like us will be aware that the police are around.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
It will be interesting to see how the debate continues.
I am sure that the suggestion for a cold-calling free zone has been raised for the right reasons, but I believe, too, that we may become more vulnerable.
NAME and ADDRESS SUPPLIED