Cold calling ban risks
AS an elderly person I suppose I should be considered someone who is vulnerable. It was, therefore, an interesting story in The Crow (August 10) about the suggestion to have a cold-calling free zone. This may be a deterrent to stop the crime of distractio
AS an elderly person I suppose I should be considered someone who is vulnerable.
It was, therefore, an interesting story in The Crow (August 10) about the suggestion to have a cold-calling free zone.
This may be a deterrent to stop the crime of distraction burglary and to protect us vulnerable people from having people calling supposedly from one public service or another.
It may help the elderly and the vulnerable think themselves to be living in a safer environment.
You may also want to watch:
But by creating such a zone will it not just advertise the fact that elderly and vulnerable people are actually living in a particular area? Will it simply make the elderly more vulnerable?
It may be better to see bobbies-on-the-beat patrolling those areas where the elderly and vulnerable live. At least then those in the area thinking about preying on people like us will be aware that the police are around.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
It will be interesting to see how the debate continues.
I am sure that the suggestion for a cold-calling free zone has been raised for the right reasons, but I believe, too, that we may become more vulnerable.
NAME and ADDRESS SUPPLIED