Civic open day to be held
One of the honours the Mayor has during his year of office is to be able to invite representatives of many of the Town s voluntary organisations, civic bodies and local dignitaries to the annual Civic Reception in the Town Hall. This year, I have decide
One of the honours the Mayor has during his year of office is to be able to invite representatives of many of the Town's voluntary organisations, civic bodies and local dignitaries to the annual Civic Reception in the Town Hall.
This year, I have decided to hold the Civic Reception in Market Hill Rooms, where the facilities and access is accessible for all. Unfortunately this means fewer people can be invited, as the capacity of the Room is smaller than the upper hall of the Town Hall.
This will disappoint many people who would usually receive an invite and cannot be accommodated this year, but I am sure they will understand the reason. However, so that everybody has a chance to meet the Mayor, Members of the Town Council and the Town Clerk and possible her staff, a Civic Open Day will be held in Market Hill Rooms later in the Civic Year, to which all will be invited.
You may also want to watch:
Royston Mayor 2009/2010
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses