Civic open day to be held
One of the honours the Mayor has during his year of office is to be able to invite representatives of many of the Town s voluntary organisations, civic bodies and local dignitaries to the annual Civic Reception in the Town Hall. This year, I have decide
One of the honours the Mayor has during his year of office is to be able to invite representatives of many of the Town's voluntary organisations, civic bodies and local dignitaries to the annual Civic Reception in the Town Hall.
This year, I have decided to hold the Civic Reception in Market Hill Rooms, where the facilities and access is accessible for all. Unfortunately this means fewer people can be invited, as the capacity of the Room is smaller than the upper hall of the Town Hall.
This will disappoint many people who would usually receive an invite and cannot be accommodated this year, but I am sure they will understand the reason. However, so that everybody has a chance to meet the Mayor, Members of the Town Council and the Town Clerk and possible her staff, a Civic Open Day will be held in Market Hill Rooms later in the Civic Year, to which all will be invited.
You may also want to watch:
Royston Mayor 2009/2010
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange