Civic open day to be held
One of the honours the Mayor has during his year of office is to be able to invite representatives of many of the Town s voluntary organisations, civic bodies and local dignitaries to the annual Civic Reception in the Town Hall. This year, I have decide
One of the honours the Mayor has during his year of office is to be able to invite representatives of many of the Town's voluntary organisations, civic bodies and local dignitaries to the annual Civic Reception in the Town Hall.
This year, I have decided to hold the Civic Reception in Market Hill Rooms, where the facilities and access is accessible for all. Unfortunately this means fewer people can be invited, as the capacity of the Room is smaller than the upper hall of the Town Hall.
This will disappoint many people who would usually receive an invite and cannot be accommodated this year, but I am sure they will understand the reason. However, so that everybody has a chance to meet the Mayor, Members of the Town Council and the Town Clerk and possible her staff, a Civic Open Day will be held in Market Hill Rooms later in the Civic Year, to which all will be invited.
You may also want to watch:
Royston Mayor 2009/2010
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 3 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 4 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 5 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?