Civic open day to be held
One of the honours the Mayor has during his year of office is to be able to invite representatives of many of the Town s voluntary organisations, civic bodies and local dignitaries to the annual Civic Reception in the Town Hall. This year, I have decide
One of the honours the Mayor has during his year of office is to be able to invite representatives of many of the Town's voluntary organisations, civic bodies and local dignitaries to the annual Civic Reception in the Town Hall.
This year, I have decided to hold the Civic Reception in Market Hill Rooms, where the facilities and access is accessible for all. Unfortunately this means fewer people can be invited, as the capacity of the Room is smaller than the upper hall of the Town Hall.
This will disappoint many people who would usually receive an invite and cannot be accommodated this year, but I am sure they will understand the reason. However, so that everybody has a chance to meet the Mayor, Members of the Town Council and the Town Clerk and possible her staff, a Civic Open Day will be held in Market Hill Rooms later in the Civic Year, to which all will be invited.
You may also want to watch:
Royston Mayor 2009/2010
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people