Choral society boost for church
I M writing to thank your readers for their tremendous support of the Royston Choral Society s concert last Saturday in aid of Melbourn s truly beautiful parish church, described by George Howard, vice chairman of SOAS (Supporters of All Saints – a regist
I'M writing to thank your readers for their tremendous support of the Royston Choral Society's concert last Saturday in aid of Melbourn's truly beautiful parish church, described by George Howard, vice chairman of SOAS (Supporters of All Saints - a registered charity to support the maintenance of the church), as "our medieval treasure."
We had a very good turn out. I heard one resident say that they were "amazed to see so many people" - to the extent that we ran out of programmes.
The choir really sang their hearts out, and again, impressed the audience by their size, although, as ever, we would welcome more members, men in particular.
We had somewhat of a "mixed salad" of a programme, so that there really was something for everyone, from the classical first half, with a beautiful solo from Annable Sadler, and Robin Pegna's rich baritone sound, and a lighter second half.
You may also want to watch:
Our music hall Waltz Me Around Again Willie brought smiles of enjoyment to many people's faces.
Our accompanist Michael Cayton demonstrated great versatility and skill in accompanying this rich variety of music.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 6 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
We look forward to seeing any potential new singers at our open rehearsal on April 28.
Our next concert will be in St Mary's, Guilden Morden, on Saturday, June 20.
More details on our web site: www.roystonchoralsoc.org.
Royston Choral Society