Choral society boost for church
I M writing to thank your readers for their tremendous support of the Royston Choral Society s concert last Saturday in aid of Melbourn s truly beautiful parish church, described by George Howard, vice chairman of SOAS (Supporters of All Saints – a regist
I'M writing to thank your readers for their tremendous support of the Royston Choral Society's concert last Saturday in aid of Melbourn's truly beautiful parish church, described by George Howard, vice chairman of SOAS (Supporters of All Saints - a registered charity to support the maintenance of the church), as "our medieval treasure."
We had a very good turn out. I heard one resident say that they were "amazed to see so many people" - to the extent that we ran out of programmes.
The choir really sang their hearts out, and again, impressed the audience by their size, although, as ever, we would welcome more members, men in particular.
We had somewhat of a "mixed salad" of a programme, so that there really was something for everyone, from the classical first half, with a beautiful solo from Annable Sadler, and Robin Pegna's rich baritone sound, and a lighter second half.
You may also want to watch:
Our music hall Waltz Me Around Again Willie brought smiles of enjoyment to many people's faces.
Our accompanist Michael Cayton demonstrated great versatility and skill in accompanying this rich variety of music.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
We look forward to seeing any potential new singers at our open rehearsal on April 28.
Our next concert will be in St Mary's, Guilden Morden, on Saturday, June 20.
More details on our web site: www.roystonchoralsoc.org.
Royston Choral Society