Choral society boost for church
I M writing to thank your readers for their tremendous support of the Royston Choral Society s concert last Saturday in aid of Melbourn s truly beautiful parish church, described by George Howard, vice chairman of SOAS (Supporters of All Saints – a regist
I'M writing to thank your readers for their tremendous support of the Royston Choral Society's concert last Saturday in aid of Melbourn's truly beautiful parish church, described by George Howard, vice chairman of SOAS (Supporters of All Saints - a registered charity to support the maintenance of the church), as "our medieval treasure."
We had a very good turn out. I heard one resident say that they were "amazed to see so many people" - to the extent that we ran out of programmes.
The choir really sang their hearts out, and again, impressed the audience by their size, although, as ever, we would welcome more members, men in particular.
We had somewhat of a "mixed salad" of a programme, so that there really was something for everyone, from the classical first half, with a beautiful solo from Annable Sadler, and Robin Pegna's rich baritone sound, and a lighter second half.
You may also want to watch:
Our music hall Waltz Me Around Again Willie brought smiles of enjoyment to many people's faces.
Our accompanist Michael Cayton demonstrated great versatility and skill in accompanying this rich variety of music.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
We look forward to seeing any potential new singers at our open rehearsal on April 28.
Our next concert will be in St Mary's, Guilden Morden, on Saturday, June 20.
More details on our web site: www.roystonchoralsoc.org.
Royston Choral Society