Choral society boost for church
I M writing to thank your readers for their tremendous support of the Royston Choral Society s concert last Saturday in aid of Melbourn s truly beautiful parish church, described by George Howard, vice chairman of SOAS (Supporters of All Saints – a regist
I'M writing to thank your readers for their tremendous support of the Royston Choral Society's concert last Saturday in aid of Melbourn's truly beautiful parish church, described by George Howard, vice chairman of SOAS (Supporters of All Saints - a registered charity to support the maintenance of the church), as "our medieval treasure."
We had a very good turn out. I heard one resident say that they were "amazed to see so many people" - to the extent that we ran out of programmes.
The choir really sang their hearts out, and again, impressed the audience by their size, although, as ever, we would welcome more members, men in particular.
We had somewhat of a "mixed salad" of a programme, so that there really was something for everyone, from the classical first half, with a beautiful solo from Annable Sadler, and Robin Pegna's rich baritone sound, and a lighter second half.
Our music hall Waltz Me Around Again Willie brought smiles of enjoyment to many people's faces.
Our accompanist Michael Cayton demonstrated great versatility and skill in accompanying this rich variety of music.
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 6 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 7 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 Up on the roof: Choir sings from top of 163ft chapel tower at Cambridge college
We look forward to seeing any potential new singers at our open rehearsal on April 28.
Our next concert will be in St Mary's, Guilden Morden, on Saturday, June 20.
More details on our web site: www.roystonchoralsoc.org.
Royston Choral Society