Ingredients: 100g plain chocolate 3 tbsp rum 1 tbsp water 1 sachet (11g) gelatine 5 eggs 5 tbsp caster sugar 12 fl oz double or whipping cream PREPARE a souffle dish, using one of 6-7in diameter. Tie a double band of greaseproof paper around the dish so t
100g plain chocolate
3 tbsp rum
1 tbsp water
You may also want to watch:
1 sachet (11g) gelatine
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
5 tbsp caster sugar
12 fl oz double or whipping cream
PREPARE a souffle dish, using one of 6-7in diameter. Tie a double band of greaseproof paper around the dish so that the paper comes 3in above the sides to hold up the souffle until it sets. Separate two of the eggs.
Put the other three eggs and the separated egg yolks with the caster sugar into a large heat-proof bowl.
Put this bowl over a pan of just-simmering water and beat the eggs and sugar together with a whisk until they form a smooth thick mousse.
Meanwhile, break the chocolate into squares and melt over a low heat with the rum and 1 tbsp water. Dissolve the gelatine in 2 tbsp hot water.
Take the egg mixture off the heat and blend in gelatine and chocolate.
In another bowl, whip the cream stiffly and add to the mixture. Whip the remaining two egg whites until stiff, then fold into the souffle. Pour the souffle into the prepared dish; it should come an inch or so over the top of the bowl.
Refrigerate for several hours until set and cold. Remove paper band and decorate with shavings of chocolate. Serves 6-8.