Ingredients: 100g plain chocolate 3 tbsp rum 1 tbsp water 1 sachet (11g) gelatine 5 eggs 5 tbsp caster sugar 12 fl oz double or whipping cream PREPARE a souffle dish, using one of 6-7in diameter. Tie a double band of greaseproof paper around the dish so t
100g plain chocolate
3 tbsp rum
1 tbsp water
You may also want to watch:
1 sachet (11g) gelatine
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 6 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 7 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
5 tbsp caster sugar
12 fl oz double or whipping cream
PREPARE a souffle dish, using one of 6-7in diameter. Tie a double band of greaseproof paper around the dish so that the paper comes 3in above the sides to hold up the souffle until it sets. Separate two of the eggs.
Put the other three eggs and the separated egg yolks with the caster sugar into a large heat-proof bowl.
Put this bowl over a pan of just-simmering water and beat the eggs and sugar together with a whisk until they form a smooth thick mousse.
Meanwhile, break the chocolate into squares and melt over a low heat with the rum and 1 tbsp water. Dissolve the gelatine in 2 tbsp hot water.
Take the egg mixture off the heat and blend in gelatine and chocolate.
In another bowl, whip the cream stiffly and add to the mixture. Whip the remaining two egg whites until stiff, then fold into the souffle. Pour the souffle into the prepared dish; it should come an inch or so over the top of the bowl.
Refrigerate for several hours until set and cold. Remove paper band and decorate with shavings of chocolate. Serves 6-8.