Chocolate and honey ice-cream
Ingredients 4 large free-range eggs, separated 4 tbsps warmed honey 2 tbsps brandy 100g (4oz) dark chocolate 400ml double cream Method Warm the honey gently in a non-stick pan. Grate two-thirds of the chocolate and melt into the honey, stirring well, then
4 large free-range eggs, separated
4 tbsps warmed honey
2 tbsps brandy
You may also want to watch:
100g (4oz) dark chocolate
400ml double cream
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
Warm the honey gently in a non-stick pan. Grate two-thirds of the chocolate and melt into the honey, stirring well, then stir in the brandy.
Beat the egg yolks in a bowl, then add the honey and chocolate mixture gradually, mixing well. Whip the cream until it stands in soft peaks and add to the egg mixture.
Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture. Stir very gently to mix. Pour the ice-cream into a lidded container, cover and put into the freezer. When the ice-cream is semi-set, chop the rest of the chocolate into small chunks and fold into the ice-cream, stirring to distribute the chocolate chips thoroughly and evenly.
Freeze until set. Remove from the freezer and put in the fridge for about 20 minutes before you serve the pudding.
These quantities serve eight people.