Chocolate and hazelnut ring
120g (4oz) hazelnuts, peeled and chopped 120g (4oz) plain chocolate 3 eggs, separated 85g (3oz) caster sugar 85g (3oz) unsalted butter, plus a little extra for the mould 30g (1oz) icing sugar 120g (4oz) sponge finger (Boudoir) biscuits Method This
120g (4oz) hazelnuts, peeled and chopped
120g (4oz) plain chocolate
3 eggs, separated
85g (3oz) caster sugar
You may also want to watch:
85g (3oz) unsalted butter, plus a little extra for the mould
30g (1oz) icing sugar
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 3 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 9 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
120g (4oz) sponge finger (Boudoir) biscuits
This is a delicious pudding which looks very elegant turned out of a decorative ring mould. Serve with whipped cream or yoghurt. Enough for six helpings.
In a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter together, mix well and leave to cool slightly. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4,180 deg C, 350 deg F. Generously butter a 9in ring mould and coat with 30g (1oz) caster sugar.
In a large bowl whisk the egg yolks with the rest of the caster sugar until light and creamy. Mix in the melted chocolate mixture, the chopped nuts and crumbled sponge finger biscuits. In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the pudding mixture.
Pour the pudding into the ring mould and stand in a baking tray containing about 1in warm water. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a serving plate. Serve warm or cold.