Chicken with spiced yoghurt marinade
THIS is a delicious chicken dish baked in a yoghurt sauce which is nothing like as hot as it sounds. This is ideal for serving with rice for a winter dinner or lunch party, as all it takes is preparation of the marinade and then baking in the oven. Thes
THIS is a delicious chicken dish baked in a yoghurt sauce which is nothing like as hot as it sounds.
This is ideal for serving with rice for a winter dinner or lunch party, as all it takes is preparation of the marinade and then baking in the oven.
These quantities are for four people.
With a sharp pointed knife make slits through the skin of the chicken pieces and rub with salt and the lemon juice.
You may also want to watch:
In a blender, grind the green chilli, ginger and garlic to a paste.
Mix in a large bowl with the yoghurt, paprika and chilli powder. Add the chicken pieces and mix well with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200 deg C, 400 deg F.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
Grease a baking dish and add the chicken portions, retaining some of the marinade for the sauce.
Cook the chicken in the pre-heated oven for about an hour, brushing with a little butter occasionally.
To finish the sauce, melt the rest of the butter with the remaining marinade and the sour cream.
Gently heat without boiling for a few minutes, then pour over the cooked chicken and serve.
4 chicken quarters
175g (6oz) unsalted butter
160ml (1/4 pt) sour cream
For the marinade
1 green chilli, seeded and chopped
10g fresh ginger root, peeled
3 garlic cloves, peeled
150ml plain yoghurt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chilli powder