Chicken with spiced yoghurt marinade
THIS is a delicious chicken dish baked in a yoghurt sauce which is nothing like as hot as it sounds. This is ideal for serving with rice for a winter dinner or lunch party, as all it takes is preparation of the marinade and then baking in the oven. Thes
THIS is a delicious chicken dish baked in a yoghurt sauce which is nothing like as hot as it sounds.
This is ideal for serving with rice for a winter dinner or lunch party, as all it takes is preparation of the marinade and then baking in the oven.
These quantities are for four people.
With a sharp pointed knife make slits through the skin of the chicken pieces and rub with salt and the lemon juice.
You may also want to watch:
In a blender, grind the green chilli, ginger and garlic to a paste.
Mix in a large bowl with the yoghurt, paprika and chilli powder. Add the chicken pieces and mix well with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200 deg C, 400 deg F.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
Grease a baking dish and add the chicken portions, retaining some of the marinade for the sauce.
Cook the chicken in the pre-heated oven for about an hour, brushing with a little butter occasionally.
To finish the sauce, melt the rest of the butter with the remaining marinade and the sour cream.
Gently heat without boiling for a few minutes, then pour over the cooked chicken and serve.
4 chicken quarters
175g (6oz) unsalted butter
160ml (1/4 pt) sour cream
For the marinade
1 green chilli, seeded and chopped
10g fresh ginger root, peeled
3 garlic cloves, peeled
150ml plain yoghurt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chilli powder