Chicken with spiced yoghurt marinade
THIS is a delicious chicken dish baked in a yoghurt sauce which is nothing like as hot as it sounds. This is ideal for serving with rice for a winter dinner or lunch party, as all it takes is preparation of the marinade and then baking in the oven. Thes
THIS is a delicious chicken dish baked in a yoghurt sauce which is nothing like as hot as it sounds.
This is ideal for serving with rice for a winter dinner or lunch party, as all it takes is preparation of the marinade and then baking in the oven.
These quantities are for four people.
With a sharp pointed knife make slits through the skin of the chicken pieces and rub with salt and the lemon juice.
You may also want to watch:
In a blender, grind the green chilli, ginger and garlic to a paste.
Mix in a large bowl with the yoghurt, paprika and chilli powder. Add the chicken pieces and mix well with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200 deg C, 400 deg F.
- 1 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 5 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 6 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 7 Campaign to bring medical treatment for children with heart conditions closer to home
- 8 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 9 Village church receives 'lifeline' grant from government
- 10 Herts COVID-19 infection rate falls below one in a thousand
Grease a baking dish and add the chicken portions, retaining some of the marinade for the sauce.
Cook the chicken in the pre-heated oven for about an hour, brushing with a little butter occasionally.
To finish the sauce, melt the rest of the butter with the remaining marinade and the sour cream.
Gently heat without boiling for a few minutes, then pour over the cooked chicken and serve.
4 chicken quarters
175g (6oz) unsalted butter
160ml (1/4 pt) sour cream
For the marinade
1 green chilli, seeded and chopped
10g fresh ginger root, peeled
3 garlic cloves, peeled
150ml plain yoghurt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chilli powder