Chicken in white wine sauce
Ingredients 4 chicken pieces, free-range if possible 4 tbsp olive oil 60g (2oz) pancetta or bacon 12 fl oz dry white wine 400g (14oz) small onions 3 medium carrots A bunch of fresh herbs, parsley, rosemary and sage, tied together Salt and pepper Metho
4 chicken pieces, free-range if possible
4 tbsp olive oil
60g (2oz) pancetta or bacon
You may also want to watch:
12 fl oz dry white wine
400g (14oz) small onions
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 8 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 9 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
3 medium carrots
A bunch of fresh herbs, parsley, rosemary and sage, tied together
Salt and pepper
Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat half the oil in a flameproof casserole, add the pancetta or bacon and fry gently for a few minutes.
Add the chicken pieces and fry until browned, about 10 minutes. Add the wine and the bunch of herbs.
Cover and simmer over a very low heat for about 50 minutes. Meanwhile, peel and slice the onions and carrots into small chunks.
Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan, and the onions, carrots and a little salt. Cover and fry gently for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the casserole and keep it warm.
Bring the cooking liquid to the boil and reduce by half.
Return the chicken to the casserole together with the carrots and onions, cook for about 5 minutes, then serve immediately.
Quantities are for four people