Chicken in white wine sauce
Ingredients 4 chicken pieces, free-range if possible 4 tbsp olive oil 60g (2oz) pancetta or bacon 12 fl oz dry white wine 400g (14oz) small onions 3 medium carrots A bunch of fresh herbs, parsley, rosemary and sage, tied together Salt and pepper Metho
4 chicken pieces, free-range if possible
4 tbsp olive oil
60g (2oz) pancetta or bacon
12 fl oz dry white wine
400g (14oz) small onions
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
3 medium carrots
A bunch of fresh herbs, parsley, rosemary and sage, tied together
Salt and pepper
Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat half the oil in a flameproof casserole, add the pancetta or bacon and fry gently for a few minutes.
Add the chicken pieces and fry until browned, about 10 minutes. Add the wine and the bunch of herbs.
Cover and simmer over a very low heat for about 50 minutes. Meanwhile, peel and slice the onions and carrots into small chunks.
Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan, and the onions, carrots and a little salt. Cover and fry gently for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the casserole and keep it warm.
Bring the cooking liquid to the boil and reduce by half.
Return the chicken to the casserole together with the carrots and onions, cook for about 5 minutes, then serve immediately.
Quantities are for four people