Chicken in white wine sauce
Ingredients 4 chicken pieces, free-range if possible 4 tbsp olive oil 60g (2oz) pancetta or bacon 12 fl oz dry white wine 400g (14oz) small onions 3 medium carrots A bunch of fresh herbs, parsley, rosemary and sage, tied together Salt and pepper Metho
4 chicken pieces, free-range if possible
4 tbsp olive oil
60g (2oz) pancetta or bacon
You may also want to watch:
12 fl oz dry white wine
400g (14oz) small onions
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
3 medium carrots
A bunch of fresh herbs, parsley, rosemary and sage, tied together
Salt and pepper
Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat half the oil in a flameproof casserole, add the pancetta or bacon and fry gently for a few minutes.
Add the chicken pieces and fry until browned, about 10 minutes. Add the wine and the bunch of herbs.
Cover and simmer over a very low heat for about 50 minutes. Meanwhile, peel and slice the onions and carrots into small chunks.
Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan, and the onions, carrots and a little salt. Cover and fry gently for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the casserole and keep it warm.
Bring the cooking liquid to the boil and reduce by half.
Return the chicken to the casserole together with the carrots and onions, cook for about 5 minutes, then serve immediately.
Quantities are for four people