Chicken in white wine sauce
Ingredients 4 chicken pieces, free-range if possible 4 tbsp olive oil 60g (2oz) pancetta or bacon 12 fl oz dry white wine 400g (14oz) small onions 3 medium carrots A bunch of fresh herbs, parsley, rosemary and sage, tied together Salt and pepper Metho
4 chicken pieces, free-range if possible
4 tbsp olive oil
60g (2oz) pancetta or bacon
You may also want to watch:
12 fl oz dry white wine
400g (14oz) small onions
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 7 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 8 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
3 medium carrots
A bunch of fresh herbs, parsley, rosemary and sage, tied together
Salt and pepper
Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat half the oil in a flameproof casserole, add the pancetta or bacon and fry gently for a few minutes.
Add the chicken pieces and fry until browned, about 10 minutes. Add the wine and the bunch of herbs.
Cover and simmer over a very low heat for about 50 minutes. Meanwhile, peel and slice the onions and carrots into small chunks.
Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan, and the onions, carrots and a little salt. Cover and fry gently for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the casserole and keep it warm.
Bring the cooking liquid to the boil and reduce by half.
Return the chicken to the casserole together with the carrots and onions, cook for about 5 minutes, then serve immediately.
Quantities are for four people