Census nonsense for mum-to-be
I was one of the tonnes of people who got stuck on the A1 because of the traffic census. Whoever thought of such a crazy time to carry it out?? I am almost six months pregnant and had to sit in traffic needing the toilet for so long, I was in agony by th
I was one of the tonnes of people who got stuck on the A1 because of the traffic census.
Whoever thought of such a crazy time to carry it out?? I am almost six months pregnant and had to sit in traffic needing the toilet for so long, I was in agony by the time I managed to park and hobble into work.
My journey normally only takes 20 minutes but today it took me two hours.
Not only did I have to endure having my baby jump around on my full bladder for two hours, but the traffic congestion also meant that I missed out on almost two hours of work and will now have to work longer hours for the rest of the week to regain the time.
I really hope this isn't going to happen again and I really feel for anyone who was in a similar position to me - it was ridiculous and whoever arranged it should be embarrassed and ashamed.
NAME AND ADDRESS
- 1 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 2 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 3 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 6 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
- 7 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 8 Disruption to train lines between Royston and Cambridge
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker