Census nonsense for mum-to-be
I was one of the tonnes of people who got stuck on the A1 because of the traffic census. Whoever thought of such a crazy time to carry it out?? I am almost six months pregnant and had to sit in traffic needing the toilet for so long, I was in agony by th
I was one of the tonnes of people who got stuck on the A1 because of the traffic census.
Whoever thought of such a crazy time to carry it out?? I am almost six months pregnant and had to sit in traffic needing the toilet for so long, I was in agony by the time I managed to park and hobble into work.
My journey normally only takes 20 minutes but today it took me two hours.
Not only did I have to endure having my baby jump around on my full bladder for two hours, but the traffic congestion also meant that I missed out on almost two hours of work and will now have to work longer hours for the rest of the week to regain the time.
You may also want to watch:
I really hope this isn't going to happen again and I really feel for anyone who was in a similar position to me - it was ridiculous and whoever arranged it should be embarrassed and ashamed.
NAME AND ADDRESS
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden