Carrots with cream and mushroom sauce
Ingredients 450g (1lb) carrots 10g (1/4 oz) dried mushrooms 25g (1oz) unsalted butter 1 tbsp lemon juice 5 fl oz whipping cream 1 tbsp fresh parsley 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg salt and pepper to taste Method This is a subtle and delicate dish which makes the
450g (1lb) carrots
10g (1/4 oz) dried mushrooms
25g (1oz) unsalted butter
You may also want to watch:
1 tbsp lemon juice
5 fl oz whipping cream
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
1 tbsp fresh parsley
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
This is a subtle and delicate dish which makes the most of the flavour of new carrots. Enough for two or three servings.
Soak the dried mushrooms in a cup of warm water for a few minutes until soft, then drain through a fine sieve, reserving the soaking liquid. Peel the carrots and cut into chunks. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the carrots and cook over moderate heat for 10 minutes, stirring. Add the lemon juice, nutmeg, cream, mushrooms and salt and pepper to the carrots and stir well. Cover the pan and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the carrots are soft. Add some of the mushroom water if the liquid becomes too thick. Serve sprinkled with finely chopped parsley.