Carrots with cream and mushroom sauce
Ingredients 450g (1lb) carrots 10g (1/4 oz) dried mushrooms 25g (1oz) unsalted butter 1 tbsp lemon juice 5 fl oz whipping cream 1 tbsp fresh parsley 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg salt and pepper to taste Method This is a subtle and delicate dish which makes the
450g (1lb) carrots
10g (1/4 oz) dried mushrooms
25g (1oz) unsalted butter
You may also want to watch:
1 tbsp lemon juice
5 fl oz whipping cream
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
1 tbsp fresh parsley
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
This is a subtle and delicate dish which makes the most of the flavour of new carrots. Enough for two or three servings.
Soak the dried mushrooms in a cup of warm water for a few minutes until soft, then drain through a fine sieve, reserving the soaking liquid. Peel the carrots and cut into chunks. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the carrots and cook over moderate heat for 10 minutes, stirring. Add the lemon juice, nutmeg, cream, mushrooms and salt and pepper to the carrots and stir well. Cover the pan and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the carrots are soft. Add some of the mushroom water if the liquid becomes too thick. Serve sprinkled with finely chopped parsley.