BNP has no solution to these problems
I write in response to Mr Gilhart s letter (Crow, 2 July). If I were concerned as to the future spending of tax payers money by the government s elected MPs, as I most certainly am, my trust would not lie with the BNP. Many of us would agree on the
I write in response to Mr Gilhart's letter (Crow, 2 July).
If I were concerned as to the future spending of tax payers' money by the government's elected MPs, as I most certainly am, my trust would not lie with the BNP.
Many of us would agree on the problems Britain and the world face. What we disagree on are the causes of the problems and the best solution to them. The all-encompassing cause of these problems is, according to the BNP, multiculturalism and immigration. The solution offered by them includes extremist policies too frightening to imagine - including closing our borders to genuine asylum seekers.
Let's get some facts clear: immigrants have not caused the recession, nor unemployment, nor the climate crisis, nor, believe it or not, the depletion of fish in our waterways. The BNP offer no real solutions to any of these problems that Mr Gilhart raises.
You may also want to watch:
The potential for huge economic and social instability as we approach 'peak oil' and the catastrophic reality of climate change, is very real. There is only one party that has policies fit to tackle these issues. The Green Party proposes a package that will generate a million jobs by investing in low-carbon measures and support small local businesses.
Political parties should offer the possibility of realising our freedom and ability to act to improve our lives - to have a say in our local community, even to consider the impacts of the way we shop and eat. These solutions show more courage than the simplistic option of blaming society's problems on easily defined groups of 'other people'. The attitude of active responsibility and working together is one positive step that we all have the power to take.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 5 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 8 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 9 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 10 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
North Hertfordshire Green Party