Benefits of station car park
REGARDING car parking charges at Meldreth Station (Crow November 6), we did carry out a consultation and issue leaflets and posters at Meldreth. In hindsight, this could have been carried out sooner. The new car park will bring significant benefits, inc
REGARDING car parking charges at Meldreth Station (Crow November 6), we did carry out a consultation and issue leaflets and posters at Meldreth.
In hindsight, this could have been carried out sooner.
The new car park will bring significant benefits, including improved security, management and accessibility.
The accessibility to Meldreth is not connected to this.
The Access for All scheme is being run by the Department for Transport and is investing £378 million in enhancements to around 600 stations nationally.
With the funding available, the Government is unable to make all of the 2,600 stations across the UK accessible.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
First Capital Connect is working closely with the DfT to ensure that our customers get as much benefit as possible, but unfortunately at this time Meldreth has not been considered for improvements by the DfT.
First Capital Connect