Ban cigarette vending machines
I have just written to the new Secretary of State for health, Andy Burnham MP demanding a total ban on cigarette vending machines We don t allow alcohol, fireworks, knives or other age restricted products to be sold from vending machines because we know
I have just written to the new Secretary of State for health, Andy Burnham MP demanding a total ban on cigarette vending machines
We don't allow alcohol, fireworks, knives or other age restricted products to be sold from vending machines because we know a face-to-face transaction is the best way to make sure they don't end up in the wrong hands.
Cigarettes should be no different. We need to tackle this anomaly which allows children an easy way get hold of cigarettes and damage their health.
The Health Bill, currently going through Parliament, includes further restrictions on cigarette vending machines but stops short of a full ban
I urge you to support this campaign and visit www.bhf.org.uk/outoforder where you can let the Government know they must prevent children picking up an addiction that threatens their future health.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston