Ban cigarette vending machines
I have just written to the new Secretary of State for health, Andy Burnham MP demanding a total ban on cigarette vending machines We don t allow alcohol, fireworks, knives or other age restricted products to be sold from vending machines because we know
I have just written to the new Secretary of State for health, Andy Burnham MP demanding a total ban on cigarette vending machines
We don't allow alcohol, fireworks, knives or other age restricted products to be sold from vending machines because we know a face-to-face transaction is the best way to make sure they don't end up in the wrong hands.
Cigarettes should be no different. We need to tackle this anomaly which allows children an easy way get hold of cigarettes and damage their health.
The Health Bill, currently going through Parliament, includes further restrictions on cigarette vending machines but stops short of a full ban
You may also want to watch:
I urge you to support this campaign and visit www.bhf.org.uk/outoforder where you can let the Government know they must prevent children picking up an addiction that threatens their future health.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash