Ban cigarette vending machines
I have just written to the new Secretary of State for health, Andy Burnham MP demanding a total ban on cigarette vending machines We don t allow alcohol, fireworks, knives or other age restricted products to be sold from vending machines because we know
I have just written to the new Secretary of State for health, Andy Burnham MP demanding a total ban on cigarette vending machines
We don't allow alcohol, fireworks, knives or other age restricted products to be sold from vending machines because we know a face-to-face transaction is the best way to make sure they don't end up in the wrong hands.
Cigarettes should be no different. We need to tackle this anomaly which allows children an easy way get hold of cigarettes and damage their health.
The Health Bill, currently going through Parliament, includes further restrictions on cigarette vending machines but stops short of a full ban
You may also want to watch:
I urge you to support this campaign and visit www.bhf.org.uk/outoforder where you can let the Government know they must prevent children picking up an addiction that threatens their future health.
- 1 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak