Baker boy seeking his coronation companions
ROBERT JAGGS, of Whaddon, sent in this photograph – and he wants to know whether anyone else in the picture still lives in the area. The picture was taken on May 12 1937, the day of George VI s coronation. Like the rest of the country, Royston celebrated
ROBERT JAGGS, of Whaddon, sent in this photograph - and he wants to know whether anyone else in the picture still lives in the area.
The picture was taken on May 12 1937, the day of George VI's coronation.
Like the rest of the country, Royston celebrated with a number of events, one of which was this fancy dress parade on Therfield Heath.
Robert, 72, said: "I remember that this was a big event in town with everybody celebrating. All the local children dressed up and took part in the parade on the heath.There were lots of us.
"I'm the little boy on the right dressed as a baker boy. I was only three at the time."
The only person he recognised was the girl at the front, Joanie Rayner. "I'm not sure if any of the others are still around, but it would be nice to know," he added.
- 1 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 2 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 5 Royston Town happy to be a breeding ground if it helps their own progression
- 6 IN PICTURES: A Cambridgeshire showcase at the inaugural County Day
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 9 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
n If you have any other details about the photograph call Crow Nostalgia on 01763 245241 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org