Baker boy seeking his coronation companions
ROBERT JAGGS, of Whaddon, sent in this photograph – and he wants to know whether anyone else in the picture still lives in the area. The picture was taken on May 12 1937, the day of George VI s coronation. Like the rest of the country, Royston celebrated
ROBERT JAGGS, of Whaddon, sent in this photograph - and he wants to know whether anyone else in the picture still lives in the area.
The picture was taken on May 12 1937, the day of George VI's coronation.
Like the rest of the country, Royston celebrated with a number of events, one of which was this fancy dress parade on Therfield Heath.
Robert, 72, said: "I remember that this was a big event in town with everybody celebrating. All the local children dressed up and took part in the parade on the heath.There were lots of us.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm the little boy on the right dressed as a baker boy. I was only three at the time."
The only person he recognised was the girl at the front, Joanie Rayner. "I'm not sure if any of the others are still around, but it would be nice to know," he added.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
n If you have any other details about the photograph call Crow Nostalgia on 01763 245241 or e-mail email@example.com