Baked trout with spinach sauce
Ingredients 2 rainbow trout, gutted and cleaned 110g (4oz) fresh spinach leaves 120g (5oz) unsalted butter 8 fl oz (250ml) single cream a few sprigs of fresh fennel salt and pepper Method Season the fish well and put each into a tin-foil parcel with a lit
2 rainbow trout, gutted and cleaned
110g (4oz) fresh spinach leaves
120g (5oz) unsalted butter
You may also want to watch:
8 fl oz (250ml) single cream
a few sprigs of fresh fennel
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
salt and pepper
Season the fish well and put each into a tin-foil parcel with a little of the butter and the fennel sprigs. Bake for about 30mins in the oven at Gas Mark 5, 190 deg C, 375 deg F.
For the sauce, heat the cream in a non-stick pan and let it reduce down to half, then beat in the butter a little at a time to make a smooth mixture. Cook the spinach in a very little salted water until soft (about 5 minutes). Drain very well and chop into small pieces. Stir into the cream sauce. When the fish is cooked, unwrap each parcel and stir any extra juices into the sauce. Taste the sauce and add salt, if necessary, then serve hot with the fish.