Baked trout with spinach sauce
Ingredients 2 rainbow trout, gutted and cleaned 110g (4oz) fresh spinach leaves 120g (5oz) unsalted butter 8 fl oz (250ml) single cream a few sprigs of fresh fennel salt and pepper Method Season the fish well and put each into a tin-foil parcel with a lit
2 rainbow trout, gutted and cleaned
110g (4oz) fresh spinach leaves
120g (5oz) unsalted butter
You may also want to watch:
8 fl oz (250ml) single cream
a few sprigs of fresh fennel
- 1 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
salt and pepper
Season the fish well and put each into a tin-foil parcel with a little of the butter and the fennel sprigs. Bake for about 30mins in the oven at Gas Mark 5, 190 deg C, 375 deg F.
For the sauce, heat the cream in a non-stick pan and let it reduce down to half, then beat in the butter a little at a time to make a smooth mixture. Cook the spinach in a very little salted water until soft (about 5 minutes). Drain very well and chop into small pieces. Stir into the cream sauce. When the fish is cooked, unwrap each parcel and stir any extra juices into the sauce. Taste the sauce and add salt, if necessary, then serve hot with the fish.