Back MP over views on pay
Andrew Lansley, with reference to the NHS, in the course of a recent interview with a left wing journalist, is reputed to have said that pay should be set in line with what is necessary to recruit and retain the workforce . A perfectly sensible and respo
Andrew Lansley, with reference to the NHS, in the course of a recent interview with a left wing journalist, is reputed to have said that "pay should be set in line with what is necessary to recruit and retain the workforce".
A perfectly sensible and responsible thing to have been said by the Shadow Health Secretary. Indeed it is probably exactly in line with what one might expect from a director when discussing the future management of his company.
Yet, Andrew Lansley is being chastised in the press for making such a statement and is accused of being entrapped by the Labour party spin machine.
I suggest that David Cameron and the Conservative Party would do well to follow Andrew Lansley's direct speaking and spell out clearly how they propose to resolve this Gordon Brown created "black hole" in our national finances and stop playing Grandmother's footsteps with the British people.
You may also want to watch:
I was brought up in the midlands where there is plain speaking and that is what the British people now expect from the Conservative party.
For some 25 years I was chairman of the Mordens branch of the South Cambridgeshire Conservative Association. I know Andrew Lansley well. He is straightforward, caring, and conscientious. What he says about the NHS is both correct and responsible and he should be supported for saying it.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 5 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 9 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 10 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'