Aubergine and yoghurt dip
Ingredients: 2 aubergines 2 tbsp olive oil 1 large garlic clove, crushed 200ml natural yoghurt juice of 1 lemon 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley a large pinch of paprika Method This is a Middle-Eastern recipe which makes an interesting cold starter.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large garlic clove, crushed
You may also want to watch:
200ml natural yoghurt
juice of 1 lemon
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
a large pinch of paprika
This is a Middle-Eastern recipe which makes an interesting cold starter. Serve as a dip with pitta bread.
Put the aubergines on a baking tray and roast in the oven at Gas Mark 6, 200 deg C, 400 deg F, for about 30 minutes, or until they are soft. Remove from the heat and squeeze the aubergines to remove any bitter juice. Chop roughly, and put in a blender with the oil, lemon juice, garlic and yoghurt. Add salt to taste. Blend together until a smooth pureé results. Spoon into a serving dish and garnish with the chopped parsley and a little paprika.