Aubergine and yoghurt dip
Ingredients: 2 aubergines 2 tbsp olive oil 1 large garlic clove, crushed 200ml natural yoghurt juice of 1 lemon 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley a large pinch of paprika Method This is a Middle-Eastern recipe which makes an interesting cold starter.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large garlic clove, crushed
You may also want to watch:
200ml natural yoghurt
juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 3 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 4 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 5 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 6 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 7 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 10 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
a large pinch of paprika
This is a Middle-Eastern recipe which makes an interesting cold starter. Serve as a dip with pitta bread.
Put the aubergines on a baking tray and roast in the oven at Gas Mark 6, 200 deg C, 400 deg F, for about 30 minutes, or until they are soft. Remove from the heat and squeeze the aubergines to remove any bitter juice. Chop roughly, and put in a blender with the oil, lemon juice, garlic and yoghurt. Add salt to taste. Blend together until a smooth pureé results. Spoon into a serving dish and garnish with the chopped parsley and a little paprika.