As someone who's grey and balding, all I can say is age is like a fine wine
IN last week s Editor-at-Large column in The Crow you made reference to the possibility of your being challenged as to whether you were old enough for a bus pass, as you are someone who is not balding and hardly has a grey hair. As the holder of a bus pa
IN last week's Editor-at-Large column in The Crow you made reference to the possibility of your being challenged as to whether you were old enough for a bus pass, as you are someone who is not balding and hardly has a grey hair.
As the holder of a bus pass who is both balding and in possession of much greying hair, I took exception to the characterisation of who is old.
Like fine wines, ageing brings maturity and improvement, and now armed with a bus pass, the opportunity to travel the country and enjoy our second youth.
The Editor-at-Large should check his mirror and ask himself does he really think the bus driver will challenge his age. The driver is more likely to ask a younger passenger to give up his seat for the poor old gent who has just staggered on to the bus.
You may also want to watch:
Enjoy your bus pass, although the town's buses are somewhat reduced, but rejoice you can now travel to Letchworth, at least during the day.
A bus pass presents a challenge of just how far one can go. Why not join me in trying to reach Land's End?
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
Although as buses are non-smoking, would the Editor-at-Large survive?
(A member of the Old, Grey
and Bald Society)
Editor-at-Large: The thought of taking buses all the way to Land's End is not so much a challenge, but an endurance test I do not think I will be undertaking.