Apricot sponge pudding
INGREDIENTS 600g (1.5 lbs) fresh ripe apricots 1/2 tsp cinnamon 200g (6oz) caster sugar 125g (4oz) self-raising flour 125g (4oz) unsalted butter 2 eggs 1 tbsp warm water METHOD BUTTER a 1 litre ovenproof dish and pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 175 deg C
600g (1.5 lbs) fresh ripe apricots
1/2 tsp cinnamon
200g (6oz) caster sugar
You may also want to watch:
125g (4oz) self-raising flour
125g (4oz) unsalted butter
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
1 tbsp warm water
BUTTER a 1 litre ovenproof dish and pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 175 deg C, 350 deg F. Cut the apricots in half and remove the stones.
Poach very gently in a saucepan with a little water, 50g (2oz) of the caster sugar and the cinnamon, for 5 min or until they are just softening.
Remove the apricots from the pan and put in the buttered dish.
Cream together the butter and the rest of the caster sugar until light. Beat the eggs and add gradually to the creamed mixture, beating well. Sieve the flour and fold into the mixture lightly.
Stir in the warm water to make a soft consistency and pour over the apricots.
Bake in the oven for about 45min or until the sponge is risen and golden brown. Plenty for four people.