Apricot sponge pudding
INGREDIENTS 600g (1.5 lbs) fresh ripe apricots 1/2 tsp cinnamon 200g (6oz) caster sugar 125g (4oz) self-raising flour 125g (4oz) unsalted butter 2 eggs 1 tbsp warm water METHOD BUTTER a 1 litre ovenproof dish and pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 175 deg C
600g (1.5 lbs) fresh ripe apricots
1/2 tsp cinnamon
200g (6oz) caster sugar
You may also want to watch:
125g (4oz) self-raising flour
125g (4oz) unsalted butter
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
1 tbsp warm water
BUTTER a 1 litre ovenproof dish and pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 175 deg C, 350 deg F. Cut the apricots in half and remove the stones.
Poach very gently in a saucepan with a little water, 50g (2oz) of the caster sugar and the cinnamon, for 5 min or until they are just softening.
Remove the apricots from the pan and put in the buttered dish.
Cream together the butter and the rest of the caster sugar until light. Beat the eggs and add gradually to the creamed mixture, beating well. Sieve the flour and fold into the mixture lightly.
Stir in the warm water to make a soft consistency and pour over the apricots.
Bake in the oven for about 45min or until the sponge is risen and golden brown. Plenty for four people.