Apple custard pudding
Ingredients 650g (11/2ls) cooking apples, preferably Bramleys 90g (3oz) fresh breadcrumbs 90g (3oz) granulated sugar 2 medium eggs 1/2 pint full-cream milk 60g (2oz) butter 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg Method PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 18
650g (11/2ls) cooking apples, preferably Bramleys
90g (3oz) fresh breadcrumbs
90g (3oz) granulated sugar
You may also want to watch:
2 medium eggs
1/2 pint full-cream milk
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
60g (2oz) butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180 deg, 350 deg C. Peel, core and slice the apples.
Well butter an oven-proof pie dish.
Put in a layer of breadcrumbs, then half the apples and half the sugar.
Add another layer of breadcrumbs, then the rest of the apples and sugar and cover with the rest of the breadcrumbs.
Beat the eggs well and mix with the milk and spices. Pour the milk mixture over the pudding. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
Enough for four.