Apple custard pudding
Ingredients 650g (11/2ls) cooking apples, preferably Bramleys 90g (3oz) fresh breadcrumbs 90g (3oz) granulated sugar 2 medium eggs 1/2 pint full-cream milk 60g (2oz) butter 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg Method PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 18
650g (11/2ls) cooking apples, preferably Bramleys
90g (3oz) fresh breadcrumbs
90g (3oz) granulated sugar
You may also want to watch:
2 medium eggs
1/2 pint full-cream milk
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 5 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 6 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 7 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 8 Have your say at virtual town meeting
- 9 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 10 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
60g (2oz) butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180 deg, 350 deg C. Peel, core and slice the apples.
Well butter an oven-proof pie dish.
Put in a layer of breadcrumbs, then half the apples and half the sugar.
Add another layer of breadcrumbs, then the rest of the apples and sugar and cover with the rest of the breadcrumbs.
Beat the eggs well and mix with the milk and spices. Pour the milk mixture over the pudding. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
Enough for four.