Apple custard pudding
Ingredients 650g (11/2ls) cooking apples, preferably Bramleys 90g (3oz) fresh breadcrumbs 90g (3oz) granulated sugar 2 medium eggs 1/2 pint full-cream milk 60g (2oz) butter 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg Method PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 18
650g (11/2ls) cooking apples, preferably Bramleys
90g (3oz) fresh breadcrumbs
90g (3oz) granulated sugar
You may also want to watch:
2 medium eggs
1/2 pint full-cream milk
- 1 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
60g (2oz) butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180 deg, 350 deg C. Peel, core and slice the apples.
Well butter an oven-proof pie dish.
Put in a layer of breadcrumbs, then half the apples and half the sugar.
Add another layer of breadcrumbs, then the rest of the apples and sugar and cover with the rest of the breadcrumbs.
Beat the eggs well and mix with the milk and spices. Pour the milk mixture over the pudding. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
Enough for four.