Apple custard pudding
Ingredients 650g (11/2ls) cooking apples, preferably Bramleys 90g (3oz) fresh breadcrumbs 90g (3oz) granulated sugar 2 medium eggs 1/2 pint full-cream milk 60g (2oz) butter 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg Method PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 18
650g (11/2ls) cooking apples, preferably Bramleys
90g (3oz) fresh breadcrumbs
90g (3oz) granulated sugar
You may also want to watch:
2 medium eggs
1/2 pint full-cream milk
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 9 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
60g (2oz) butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180 deg, 350 deg C. Peel, core and slice the apples.
Well butter an oven-proof pie dish.
Put in a layer of breadcrumbs, then half the apples and half the sugar.
Add another layer of breadcrumbs, then the rest of the apples and sugar and cover with the rest of the breadcrumbs.
Beat the eggs well and mix with the milk and spices. Pour the milk mixture over the pudding. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
Enough for four.