Angry over this change
IT has recently come to light that the now established Pink Ribbon Run is to change charity from Cancer Research UK to Marie Curie Cancer Research. I find this nothing short of an absolute disgrace. As many people know, this was originally called the Pin
IT has recently come to light that the now established Pink Ribbon Run is to change charity from Cancer Research UK to Marie Curie Cancer Research.
I find this nothing short of an absolute disgrace. As many people know, this was originally called the Pink Ribbon Run, as the Race for Life name was owned by Tesco.
This has now become a hugely succcessful race, making tens of thousands of pounds per year.
The pink ribbon was to associate with Cancer Research. The symbol of Marie Curie is the yellow daffodill.
You may also want to watch:
None of the literature states the change of charity. I will under no circumstances be offering my assistance this year. The committee should be ashamed of their actions.
Please note that I have no ill feeling towards Marie Curie, as they are indeed a worthwhile charity
- 1 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 2 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 3 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 4 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 5 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 6 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 7 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 8 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 9 'Utterly extraordinary' says Lib Dem leader of disgraced deputy leader's criticisms
- 10 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown