Address major problems
Isn t it a pity that smug citizens of this country complain about the smallest thing that disturbs their idea of a civilised life? When we go into the garden, All Hell breaks loose (Going Plane Crazy, Crow August 6). Just an aircraft or two practisin
Isn't it a pity that smug citizens of this country complain about the smallest thing that disturbs their idea of a civilised life?
When we go into the garden, "All Hell breaks loose" (Going Plane Crazy, Crow August 6). Just an aircraft or two practising for the world air acrobatics competition! During the 1940's Great Britain was thankful that we had able young pilots to train others and to take on the aircraft of Germany when they were raiding this country. Does it take such a short time to forget the sacrifices made by "the few" for the benefit of "the many"? How else do we ensure that such able pilots are still available should the need arise?
As for the horrendous civil aircraft that disturb the peace of our countryside? We are all too happy to use these airborne omnibuses when we wish to travel abroad ourselves.
The potential arrival of wind farms in our environment is greeted with horror. How can we allow our landscape to be desecrated by such monstrosities? Does anybody stop to remember that the picturesque windmills of picture postcard fame were the wind farms of former generations and what happens when the oil runs out?
You may also want to watch:
People these days are all too ready to criticise others while ignoring the fact that the evolution of any society has its downside as well as its advantages. Yes, we can do without foul emissions from factory chimneys and the abject poverty of previous centuries but a decent lifestyle will not continue without some cost. No pain no gain.
It is about time that this country started to regain some pride in its ability to ignore trivial irritations and started to address major problems like the control of our children, the protection of our society from unlawful behaviour by sections of the community which are running out of control and to reject illogical and nonsensical directives from un-elected pointless bodies based in Europe.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 4 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 5 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 6 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
J and PM Hobbs.