Act soon – or we won’t need car parks
I AM not surprised the councillors that we elect do not seem to have us as one of their priorities. Revenue is tops with North Herts District Council, which we know, cares little for the residents of Royston. Others are rightly concerned about the trade
I AM not surprised the councillors that we elect do not seem to have us as one of their priorities.
Revenue is tops with North Herts District Council, which we know, cares little for the residents of Royston.
Others are rightly concerned about the traders in the town and the impact of increased parking charges.
However, I see no mention of the inconvenience to the public, of not only the high parking charges, but the fact that there are less and less places to shop in Royston.
You may also want to watch:
I acknowledge that the impact of Tesco has had an effect on town shops - it has been able to feed off the lack of shopping facilities in the town.
However, the councillors do not give enough emphasis to us, the public.
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 3 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 4 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
They allow the town to grow, seemingly without thought to the people who live in it, and the downward spiral that we are in regarding amenities.
If they do not act soon, there will be no need for car parks because there will be no reason to come to Royston.
Either eliminate parking charges or reduce them.