Act soon – or we won’t need car parks
I AM not surprised the councillors that we elect do not seem to have us as one of their priorities. Revenue is tops with North Herts District Council, which we know, cares little for the residents of Royston. Others are rightly concerned about the trade
I AM not surprised the councillors that we elect do not seem to have us as one of their priorities.
Revenue is tops with North Herts District Council, which we know, cares little for the residents of Royston.
Others are rightly concerned about the traders in the town and the impact of increased parking charges.
However, I see no mention of the inconvenience to the public, of not only the high parking charges, but the fact that there are less and less places to shop in Royston.
You may also want to watch:
I acknowledge that the impact of Tesco has had an effect on town shops - it has been able to feed off the lack of shopping facilities in the town.
However, the councillors do not give enough emphasis to us, the public.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
They allow the town to grow, seemingly without thought to the people who live in it, and the downward spiral that we are in regarding amenities.
If they do not act soon, there will be no need for car parks because there will be no reason to come to Royston.
Either eliminate parking charges or reduce them.