Act soon – or we won’t need car parks
I AM not surprised the councillors that we elect do not seem to have us as one of their priorities. Revenue is tops with North Herts District Council, which we know, cares little for the residents of Royston. Others are rightly concerned about the trade
I AM not surprised the councillors that we elect do not seem to have us as one of their priorities.
Revenue is tops with North Herts District Council, which we know, cares little for the residents of Royston.
Others are rightly concerned about the traders in the town and the impact of increased parking charges.
However, I see no mention of the inconvenience to the public, of not only the high parking charges, but the fact that there are less and less places to shop in Royston.
You may also want to watch:
I acknowledge that the impact of Tesco has had an effect on town shops - it has been able to feed off the lack of shopping facilities in the town.
However, the councillors do not give enough emphasis to us, the public.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
They allow the town to grow, seemingly without thought to the people who live in it, and the downward spiral that we are in regarding amenities.
If they do not act soon, there will be no need for car parks because there will be no reason to come to Royston.
Either eliminate parking charges or reduce them.