Act soon – or we won’t need car parks
I AM not surprised the councillors that we elect do not seem to have us as one of their priorities. Revenue is tops with North Herts District Council, which we know, cares little for the residents of Royston. Others are rightly concerned about the trade
I AM not surprised the councillors that we elect do not seem to have us as one of their priorities.
Revenue is tops with North Herts District Council, which we know, cares little for the residents of Royston.
Others are rightly concerned about the traders in the town and the impact of increased parking charges.
However, I see no mention of the inconvenience to the public, of not only the high parking charges, but the fact that there are less and less places to shop in Royston.
I acknowledge that the impact of Tesco has had an effect on town shops - it has been able to feed off the lack of shopping facilities in the town.
However, the councillors do not give enough emphasis to us, the public.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 Reed's National Village Cup hopes ended in nail-biting finale
- 6 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
- 9 Royston Scouts raise money to attend jamboree in Korea
- 10 Fast and frenetic racing as Cycle Club Ashwell shine at grass track cycling meet
They allow the town to grow, seemingly without thought to the people who live in it, and the downward spiral that we are in regarding amenities.
If they do not act soon, there will be no need for car parks because there will be no reason to come to Royston.
Either eliminate parking charges or reduce them.