A model investigation
MYSTERY has surrounded happenings in Postwobegon during recent weeks. It was rumoured that scantily clad ladies had been posing in the churchyard. Two photographers complete with cameras and tripods were in attendance. By promptly checking out this rumo
MYSTERY has surrounded happenings in Postwobegon during recent weeks.
It was rumoured that scantily clad ladies had been posing in the churchyard. Two photographers complete with cameras and tripods were in attendance.
By promptly checking out this rumour, it was established that although the clothes themselves were not scanty at all, there was concern. Apparently it's far too cold a day for young ladies to be outdoors in ball gowns accompanied by gentlemen in tuxedos.
Although models expect to work in all weathers, should they have been taking a photocall in a village churchyard?
You may also want to watch:
A week later with these questions still unanswered and hopefully with a trail still hot I enlisted the help of Insp Drake - alias Eddie White - during the interval of the Eversden Players' performance of Inspector Drake's Last Case. Maybe the memorial stones outside the village hall would yield some clues, after all truth has been known to be stranger than fiction.
The play itself had a complicated ending which even left the players themselves puzzled as to who was really who.
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 3 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 6 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 7 Star turns make Netflix movie Malcolm & Marie 'a real must-see'
- 8 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 9 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
I enjoyed the performance of Mr Guest, the butler played by David Ellis. He was finally revealed as being the local police sergeant in disguise while Eddie White as Insp Drake, who brilliantly held the whole play together throughout was in reality Mr Guest.
The identity of Mr Guest is still a mystery, but further inquiries show that there is no mystery surrounding the photocall in the churchyard.