A model investigation
MYSTERY has surrounded happenings in Postwobegon during recent weeks. It was rumoured that scantily clad ladies had been posing in the churchyard. Two photographers complete with cameras and tripods were in attendance. By promptly checking out this rumo
MYSTERY has surrounded happenings in Postwobegon during recent weeks.
It was rumoured that scantily clad ladies had been posing in the churchyard. Two photographers complete with cameras and tripods were in attendance.
By promptly checking out this rumour, it was established that although the clothes themselves were not scanty at all, there was concern. Apparently it's far too cold a day for young ladies to be outdoors in ball gowns accompanied by gentlemen in tuxedos.
Although models expect to work in all weathers, should they have been taking a photocall in a village churchyard?
You may also want to watch:
A week later with these questions still unanswered and hopefully with a trail still hot I enlisted the help of Insp Drake - alias Eddie White - during the interval of the Eversden Players' performance of Inspector Drake's Last Case. Maybe the memorial stones outside the village hall would yield some clues, after all truth has been known to be stranger than fiction.
The play itself had a complicated ending which even left the players themselves puzzled as to who was really who.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 9 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 10 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
I enjoyed the performance of Mr Guest, the butler played by David Ellis. He was finally revealed as being the local police sergeant in disguise while Eddie White as Insp Drake, who brilliantly held the whole play together throughout was in reality Mr Guest.
The identity of Mr Guest is still a mystery, but further inquiries show that there is no mystery surrounding the photocall in the churchyard.