A credit to young people
I ATTENDED the Young Person of the Year awards for North Herts on Friday evening – I was honoured to be one of the judges – and I would like to congratulate all the nominees and especially the finalists. This year there were three finalists that came fro
I ATTENDED the Young Person of the Year awards for North Herts on Friday evening - I was honoured to be one of the judges - and I would like to congratulate all the nominees and especially the finalists.
This year there were three finalists that came from Royston with two of those gaining third and second places.
The weekend for me was full of young people as I attended the Stage Right Showtime extravaganza at The Meridian School.
As always the show had a mix of traditional to the more modern dance.
The evening was a huge success and I would like to thank Stage Right for inviting me and allowing me to present its awards at the end.
I have to say that both events show that the youth of today, especially in Royston, are not as bad as has been suggested.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 2 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 3 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 4 Children's kite design competition winners announced
- 5 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 6 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 7 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
- 8 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 9 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
- 10 Motorist suffers 'GBH-level injuries' in A505 Baldock hit-and-run
Once again my congratulations to all and thank you for a wonderful weekend.
Cllr LYNN BERRY
Royston Town Mayor