A credit to young people
I ATTENDED the Young Person of the Year awards for North Herts on Friday evening – I was honoured to be one of the judges – and I would like to congratulate all the nominees and especially the finalists. This year there were three finalists that came fro
I ATTENDED the Young Person of the Year awards for North Herts on Friday evening - I was honoured to be one of the judges - and I would like to congratulate all the nominees and especially the finalists.
This year there were three finalists that came from Royston with two of those gaining third and second places.
The weekend for me was full of young people as I attended the Stage Right Showtime extravaganza at The Meridian School.
As always the show had a mix of traditional to the more modern dance.
You may also want to watch:
The evening was a huge success and I would like to thank Stage Right for inviting me and allowing me to present its awards at the end.
I have to say that both events show that the youth of today, especially in Royston, are not as bad as has been suggested.
- 1 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 2 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 3 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 4 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 5 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 6 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 9 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown
- 10 'Utterly extraordinary' says Lib Dem leader of disgraced deputy leader's criticisms
Once again my congratulations to all and thank you for a wonderful weekend.
Cllr LYNN BERRY
Royston Town Mayor