A credit to young people
I ATTENDED the Young Person of the Year awards for North Herts on Friday evening – I was honoured to be one of the judges – and I would like to congratulate all the nominees and especially the finalists. This year there were three finalists that came fro
I ATTENDED the Young Person of the Year awards for North Herts on Friday evening - I was honoured to be one of the judges - and I would like to congratulate all the nominees and especially the finalists.
This year there were three finalists that came from Royston with two of those gaining third and second places.
The weekend for me was full of young people as I attended the Stage Right Showtime extravaganza at The Meridian School.
As always the show had a mix of traditional to the more modern dance.
You may also want to watch:
The evening was a huge success and I would like to thank Stage Right for inviting me and allowing me to present its awards at the end.
I have to say that both events show that the youth of today, especially in Royston, are not as bad as has been suggested.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
Once again my congratulations to all and thank you for a wonderful weekend.
Cllr LYNN BERRY
Royston Town Mayor