RSM gets stick’ in hand over

PUBLISHED: 11:13 15 February 2007 | UPDATED: 14:59 12 May 2010

New RSM Sean McVitie, right, with RSM Anthea Burdus and commanding officer Lt Col Nigel Smith - Pic: Daniel Wilson

New RSM Sean McVitie, right, with RSM Anthea Burdus and commanding officer Lt Col Nigel Smith - Pic: Daniel Wilson

A NEW Regimental Sergeant Major has gone on parade at Bassingbourn Barracks. RSM Sean McVitie has taken over from RSM Anthea Burdus, the only women RSM in the Army. She has been selected for a commission in the Corps of Royal Signals and will be posted to

A NEW Regimental Sergeant Major has gone on parade at Bassingbourn Barracks.

RSM Sean McVitie has taken over from RSM Anthea Burdus, the only women RSM in the Army.

She has been selected for a commission in the Corps of Royal Signals and will be posted to Stafford.

But before she left she was taken in a chauffeur-driven Rolls-Royce to the handing over the pace-stick to RSM Mc Vitie.

Lt Col Nigel Smith, commanding officer of the Army Training Regiment, said she had proved to be "a tower of strength".

He said: "Her leadership skills inspired people to give their best."

RSM McVitie, of The Parachute Regiment, is married and has two young daughters.

He was previously serving at Chicksands as Regimental Quarter Master Sergeant.

0 comments

More news stories

06:56

With the festive season approaching, Melbourn Amateur Dramatics Society are busy putting the final touches in their annual Christmas pantomime.

Yesterday, 16:55

Garden House Hospice Care held its first Strictly Come Dancing-inspired fundraiser in Letchworth on Saturday, and it was 10s all round on the night.

Yesterday, 12:15

A singing Royston accountant is set to release his debut single – with town businesses and organisations featuring in the charity video.

Yesterday, 11:51

The family of Royston dad-of-three Mitchell Bailey, who died when a fire engine crashed while responding to a 999 call have said their “happy and contented family has been left broken” and they feel the driver “showed no compassion”, after a jury found him not guilty of dangerous driving on Friday last week.

Most read stories

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Royston Crow e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Royston Crow weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy