North Hertfordshire District Council to axe over 20 jobs

PUBLISHED: 16:16 16 December 2009 | UPDATED: 16:13 11 May 2010

JOBS are to be axed at North Herts District Council (NHDC) as it tries to save money. NHDC say 21.5 full time jobs will go saving the council an estimated £760,000 a year. But there will be growth in some job areas with ten new posts being created costing

JOBS are to be axed at North Herts District Council (NHDC) as it tries to save money.

NHDC say 21.5 full time jobs will go saving the council an estimated £760,000 a year. But there will be growth in some job areas with ten new posts being created costing the council £328,000.

The council says it is currently discussing the proposals with staff who have until January 14 to comment.

"We will be moving into formal consultation with the trades unions through the Staff Consultation Forum early in the New Year and implementation of the final scheme will be in accordance with the council's reorganisation policy," said a council statement.

"The restructuring has been a very challenging exercise but will achieve the target of £400,000 savings with the minimum affect on front line services.

"We have a well laid down procedure of consultation which means that all staff have the chance to have they say, and we have fair, defined procedures for fitting displaced staff into vacant posts wherever we can."

A new senior management structure was agreed by the council in June that secured annual cost savings in excess of £230,000.

0 comments

More news stories

06:56

With the festive season approaching, Melbourn Amateur Dramatics Society are busy putting the final touches in their annual Christmas pantomime.

Yesterday, 16:55

Garden House Hospice Care held its first Strictly Come Dancing-inspired fundraiser in Letchworth on Saturday, and it was 10s all round on the night.

Yesterday, 12:15

A singing Royston accountant is set to release his debut single – with town businesses and organisations featuring in the charity video.

Yesterday, 11:51

The family of Royston dad-of-three Mitchell Bailey, who died when a fire engine crashed while responding to a 999 call have said their “happy and contented family has been left broken” and they feel the driver “showed no compassion”, after a jury found him not guilty of dangerous driving on Friday last week.

Most read stories

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Royston Crow e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Royston Crow weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy